| ELECTRICAL – Products, Innovations and New Trends
Power industry restructuring, across the globe, inadvertently has a strong impact on the power industry in the Asian region as well. Indian power industry restructuring with a limited level of competition, since 1991, has already been introduced at generation level by allowing participation of independent power producers (IPPs). The new Electricity Act of 2003 provides for competition in several sectors. It is felt that the prevailing conditions in the country are conducive to wholesale competition.
Indian electrical industry has grown because of government's thrust and also due to overall economic growth. It has also reached a stage where the industry has demonstrated its capabilities to deliver world class products and services. The industry has seen a growth of 20% and should continue at the same level for the next few years.
The domestic market in India is itself large, and the opportunity is to cater to this market to start with, with products that meet international quality standards. With the advent of globalisation, every international player is now operating in India, providing goods and services complying with international quality. The Electrical/Electronics Industry in India is expected to grow to its full potential in the coming years and that India shall soon be recognized for quality products and services, which in turn, will bring this industry to a position of true leadership.
The production and consumption rates of electricity are the benchmark of a nation’s progress and lifestyle of its citizen. It advances the nation’s economic growth and productivity; promotes business development and expansion; and provides employment opportunities to workers. As per a recent survey, the global electrical & electronics market is worth a little more than a Trillion Dollars, which is forecasted to grow to about $1.2 Trillion at the end of the year 2008.
Factors Governing the Growth of this Industry
Every industry thrives on some supporting factors. In this context, some of the factors governing the growth of electrical industry are:
The Exhibitor Profile under the electrical category includes
- Research & development played an important role to the increased productivity and higher value addition to electrical products.
- Foreign investments accelerated growth in production and exports as well. To expand the business, foreign companies have committed huge investments in developing countries to establish manufacturing facilities.
- Global industries like Medical, Telecommunications, Industrial & Automotive industries have been cordially supported by the domestic electrical & electronics industry.
- Increase in income changed living standards of the common people. As a result, it increased the demand of electronics, especially consumer electronics products globally.
- Electric & Electrical industry is highly fragmented which comprises of many small and medium size enterprises resulting into a huge industry.
- Asia Pacific region is emerging as the most spinning place for the consumer electronics industry, as the markets are still not saturated.
- Innovation has played importantly in this industry. It has led to constant demand for newer, smaller and faster products and applications.
- Air Conditioning Chillers & Heat Exchangers
- Air Curtains & Filters
- Alarm Systems
- Automation Systems
- Bearing & Gears
- Billing & Utility Technology
- Brake parts & Linings
- Bus Bar Systems
- Cables & Cable Accessories
- Calibration Systems
- Cast Resin Transformers
- Ceiling Fans & Exhaust Fans
- Central Control Systems
- Circuit Breakers
- Communication Equipment
- Conduit & Fittings
- Consultancy Services
- Control Safety, System Protection & Monitoring Equipment
- Conversion & Storage of Electrical Energy
- Data Capture Systems
- Distribution Services & Equipment
- Earthing Equipment
- Electric Drives
- Electric Motors
- Electrical Control Unit Equipment
- Electricity Utilities
- Electronic Sensors
- Energy Savers
- Engineering Services
- Engines / Motors / Engine Parts
- Explosion Proof Equipment / Lighting & Switchgear
- FGRP Kiosks
- Fiber Glass Products
- Field Instrumentation / Process control / valves
- Fuses / Fuse Switches / Fuse Gear
- Gears & Gearboxes
- Hardware Tools & Tackles, Gaskets
- High-voltage Equipment of Distribution & Control
- HRC Fuse Links / MCCBs
- Indicators / Controllers
- Industrial Power Engineering
- Industrial Relays
- Industrial Ventilation Systems
- Insulation Materials
- Junction Boxes
- Labeling and Identification
- Lamps – Discharge & Special Lamps
- Level Detection & Control
- Measurement, Control & Diagnostic Instrumentation, Diagnostic Equipment
- Measuring & Test Equipment / Systems / Monitoring
- Motion Control
- Process Control & Process Automation
- Process Control Equipment
- Protection Systems
- Research & Consultancy
- Security Systems / CCTV etc
- Switchboards & Switchgear
- Voltage Stabilizers & Regulators
- Welding Equipment / Electrodes / Services
- Wiring / Conduits & Accessories
Click here to Sponsor Exhibition
Click here to Book Stall
Click here to Sponsor Seminar